By Dianne Irene
Our nuclear plants are getting
old and it becomes hard to trust containment systems that once confined
the radioactive waste away from our ecosystem. Our factories have pumped
massive amounts of pollution into our environment. Even our suburbs
are full of pesticides as we attempt to control these supposed evil
insects that are invading our homes. The food we consume can be full
of hormones chemicals, pesticides, and even poisons from artificial
preservatives. The question of how long we can rape our planet before
we start to see signs of danger is no longer one for the future. Our
fish are disappearing, our children are getting sick, and despite empty
promises, our environment is dying.
We are left with the realization
that we must demand solar power, wind power, alternative fuels beyond
oil, and renewable resources that do not harm our envrironment. There
are simple things that we can do to start this process. There was a
story told about a man who bought a car from his local car dealership
and it did not take him long to realize he had bought a special car.
He was getting over 100 miles per gallon! He thought something was wrong
and he took it back to tell them, Of course they took the car back and
told him it was a sample version from the factory and they mistakenly
gave him the wrong vehicle.There would be no reason for this man to
make up such a story like this.
Incorporate the following
into your life:
* Buy organic food- this
sends a message to the mass farming system that this is what we want.
* Stop using chemicals around your home. Simple rubbing alcohol or vinegar
can be used in place of harsh chemicals that naturalist claim cause
* Become actively involved in your communities where there are factories,
nuclear power plants, and energy stations. Become vocal about wanting
natural renewable energy.
* Ride your bike when you can instead of your car. most of us need the
* Read, read, read.
* Don't take the attitude that you will let another generation take
care of the problem.
* Stop buying junk that you know will end up in a landfill like styrofoam
* Take a new attitude about going natural. It is not weird, but neccessary.
* Remember that if you start seeing animals suffer, then it is only
a matter of time before we do as well.
* Plant some trees and learn how to garden.
* Know your chemicals, before they know you.